OurHealthyCommunity.com (OHC) is a culturally-appropriate collaborative space, and training site for the leadership of underserved, faith and community-based organizations (Community Partners). We then leverage the OHC platform to connect our Community Partners with qualified healthcare Payer, Provider, Government and Academic stakeholders. These public/private Campaign Sponsors have long needed credible and consistent access to Community Partners and, more importantly, to our underserved Community Members, beyond traditional local media and events (TV, Radio, Billboards, Health Fairs).
Connecting our Community Partners onto our singular collaborative platform strengthens them and increases their individual and collective capacity. It also levels the the playing field.
OHC has proven success at engaging and recruiting, activating and connecting underserved community and faith-based organizations because we recognize the need to:
- Pay attention to histories of marginalization and mistrust
- Have transparent discussions about power
- Build on community strengths and local knowledge
- Encourage cooperation
- Identify opportunities for co-learning
- Make important efforts towards sustainability, systems development, and capacity building; and
- Take vital steps to protect the well-being, interests, and social justice of communities.
IeHE deploys the following core components for any health/wellness campaign launched. They are: community partner identification and recruitment, content development, training, and outreach, community member activation, implementation and community gathering through the OHC platform, and program evaluation.